In this episode, I interview Susan Kovacs. Susan is a masterful performance coach who helps athletes at all levels develop a performance mindset.
Whether it’s on the field on in the workplace, having the proper mindset is key to achieving your goals and owning your performance. Susan shares her tips and strategies to help you develop the mindset you want to achieve your results.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Free Resource (1:00)
- Susan’s Introduction, who she is and what she does? (1:45)
- The various athletes Susan works with in her practice (3:00)
- The power of mindset mastery and our ability to perform (4:30)
- Susan’s diagnosis with MS and how she shaped her mindset to become a triathlete in her 50s (4:50)
- The impact “influencers” have on our performance and our mindset (6:40)
- The power in choosing how you want to respond to various situations (aka “influencers”) (10:45)
- Mindset mastery for players of individual sports and the keys to being fully present and in the moment (13:15)
- Overcoming multiple eliminations and winning the championship (17:30)
- Believing in yourself and owning your confidence (18:45)
- Confidence vs. Competence vs. Cockiness (19:20)
- How Susan helps athletes’ transition from a professional sport and going to do something else and what their mindset looks like (21:20)
- Tips for coaching youth athletes (25:00)
- Having a support network to build your confidence when playing a sport (28:00)
- Is there a time when you think about winning? (29:45)
- The power of gratitude in sport and in our lives (34:15)
- Tips for staying in the moment (34:55)
You can contact Susan at email@example.com
You can check Susan’s website at https://athletesgamechanger.comand download her free resource on her website.
For more information about how I help my clients create their next advancement opportunity and show up professionally and energetically, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click on this link, https://johnneral.com/free/, to get my free workbook designed to help you create your next advancement opportunity. If you liked the video, please give it a “thumbs up” and click subscribe.