As more and more people are working from home, people are still hungry to connect and engage. Now is a great time to engage more intentionally on LinkedIn and #SHOWUP virtually.
Here are five easy things you can do right now.
- Each morning, when you get your notifications, wish someone who’s celebrating a Happy Birthday. Click on the banner in your notifications, and it will populate a message for you. Now, I like to add a little note in addition to the Happy Birthday. Make someone’s day by sending them a celebratory message.
- Congratulate someone when they announce they’ve started a new position. We know how big a deal this is. Same thing – click on the banner, and LinkedIn will populate a message. Add something to the message. Wish them well and continued success.
- Endorse People – Endorsements are a fantastic way to celebrate someone’s skills and help them rank higher with their SEO (Search Engine Optimization) when someone is searching for them. This is a great way to celebrate someone’s skills, and someone you have some knowledge about and can attest to their abilities. People will list a lot of skills. Endorse them for one or two.
- Write a recommendation for someone. Only do this for someone you know very well and can vouch through a recommendation. This is a great way to acknowledge the #professionalvalue they bring to a position and what you appreciate. Once they receive your recommendation, they will ask you to revise it or post it to their profile. And it’s okay to ask them to write you a recommendation as well.
- Request a download of your data. Chances are you haven’t downloaded your data in a while, and now is a great time to do this. You can access it here: https://www.linkedin.com/help/linkedin/answer/50191/accessing-your-account-data?lang=enor search for it in the Help Center. Once you have downloaded your data, review it and see who you need to re-engage with and send them a message. This may take you some time, but now that you are saving time each day commuting, spending 15 minutes on this each day can be a worthwhile task.
And if you are looking for more ways to #SHOWUP energetically in your career to make the impact you want, get my book! Link in Bio and an exclusive webinar on Thursday evening if you buy the book as part of the pre-sale.