Show #90 – Three Tips to Working with an Internal Recruiter with Anna Morgan
If you are in a career transition, you may have worked with a recruiter or are considering working with one.
While there are different types of recruiters, an internal recruiter is someone who works for a company and specifically seeks talent that will best suit a particular job within that company.
Meet Anna Morgan. Anna is an internal recruiter who joins me on the show to discuss three tips, along with a few more, to successfully build a positive relationship with an internal recruiter.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Two types of recruiting (1:10)
- What an internal recruiter does (1:50)
- John’s Six Strategies for How We SHOW UP (4:30)
- Three Tips for Working with an Internal Recruiter (5:30)
- Contact and Connect (6:30)
- Save Your Resume File as Your Name (7:40)
- Connection Over Qualifications (9:20)
- Being Interested vs. Being Interesting (14:30)
- Get the Recruiter to be a Champion for Your Candidacy (15:15)
- The Key is in the Follow-Up (19:10)
- Anna’s Advice for Helping You Create Your Next Advancement Opportunity (22:15)
Connect with Anna on Instagram! @the1anna_morgan and on LinkedIn.
For more information about how I help my clients “SHOW UP” to create their next advancement opportunity and show up professionally and energetically to make the impact they want, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org visit https://johnneral.com. #showup6strategies
Check out my new book, “SHOW UP – Six Strategies to Lead a More Energetic and Impactful Career” here.
Click the thumbs up button to like this video.
Click the bell to subscribe when new videos drop.
Share this video with someone you think will like it.