We learn to be a good leader because of how we follow.
We never start in a leadership role, but we gain experience and ideas based on whom we follow and why we like to follow that leader or not.
My guest is Jennifer McClure.
She recently completed her Ph.D. in Psychology with a specialization in Organizational Psychology. Her dissertation focused on a leader/follower dynamic and how that relationship impacts the way leaders and direct reports interact and support a shared vision.
We all can learn to be better followers, and that will certainly help us be better leaders.
In this episode, you will learn:
- What is “Followership?” (2:55)
- What does “Followership” look like? (4:00)
- Why is it important to be a good follower? (6:05)
- How is “Followership” actionable? (10:00)
- What is the Leader/Follower Dynamic? (12:26)
- How do leaders support followers? (14:00)
- What is “Leader Categorization Theory?” (17:00)
- How are millennials changing the “Leader/Follower Dynamic?” (21:15)
- What advice would you give someone who is creating their next advancement opportunity? (26:45)
If you want to learn more about Jennifer’s work and contact her with any question in this video, email her at email@example.com.
For more information about how I help my clients create their next advancement opportunity and show up professionally and energetically to make the impact they want, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click on this link, https://johnneral.com/free/, to get my free workbook, “Three Steps to Creating Your Next Advancement Opportunity Without Feeling Overwhelmed,” designed to help you create your next advancement opportunity. If you liked the video, please give it a “thumbs up” and click subscribe.